26 April 2006

Flying solo

WHAT a glorious day.

This was one of those days when you feel like you have five bajillion things to do and there is no way in Whoville you are going to get any of it done and then POOF! it's the end of the day and you rule.

And now it is the end of the day and I am alone in my kingdom, because my spouse has forsaken me for another state. Some sob story about his grandmother's 80th birthday. Whatever. So I get to wander around the house for a few days unencumbered by the need to tidy up after anybody else's damn self. I'm sure that by Saturday I'll be desperate for attention and lonely as heck, but tonight I'm kind of revelling in the solitude and the promise of more solitude.

You will remember that I sort of like being alone.

However, I will entertain invitations to be sociable, should they arise. You know where to find me. I'll just be right here.

No comments: