17 February 2006

Baby's on Fire

It's a damn good thing the temperatures are supposed to drop tonight, because this spring-like weather is making me giddy as a schoolgirl. Specifically, a nineteen-year-old schoolgirl high on pure endorphins.

Yeah, I've been working out, and yeah, that has significantly elevated my metabolism and energy level. And yes, I have an awesome new job that stimulates my imagination and challenges my skills and makes me excited to go to work in the morning. And sure, OK, maybe I've been doing other things that lend themselves to little emotional hard-ons of a pleasing variety. Like a little harmless flirting.

But I am seriously having flashbacks to being nineteen when I was regularly swept up in great surges of giddy fun and reckless optimism that are quite alarming, although no doubt fun to observe. They sure are fun from where I'm sitting!

I do mostly blame the daily workouts. Those exercise endorphins are serious business. And now that I am an entirely controlled-substance-and-alcohol-free kind of personage, maybe my brain is just grabbing onto and amplifying whatever high it can lay its grabby little metaphorical hands on. Greedy little junkie.

And temperatures well into the fifties are always good for surges of happiness, too. Add onto that it is the time of month during which I typical experience heightened emotions of whatever sort happen to present themselves anyway, and there you have it: Rock Grrrl is just a big old bag of rainbow sparkles right now.

In other news, I've been having fun throwing my voice around lately. I recorded a couple of radio spots a while back, then also I auditioned for some radio mystery theater not too long ago, which was an utter blast. And then today I got in the mail my new computer microphone that I ordered when Tony from Bowling for Jesus started badgering me for a voice clip. My first reaction was huh? And then I shook myself and remembered it is 2006 and I can just buy a gadget for that, so I did and today I sent him a quick little clip which he claims will make his spine tingle, as he has some sort of American Female Voice fetish. Eh, to each his own. Glad to be of service.

Then I wanted to go all-out and post a voice post here, but blogger doesn't seem to support that. Give me a few more days of this manic energy surge, I'll figure it out.

but first OH MY GOD WHAT IS FOR DINNER?

I went out for a bite after work with a friend, but I didn't eat much and NOW I HUNGER.

God, and I am still so full of juice. Let's go out! Have some fun! Anyone? Anyone?

No comments: