14 March 2006

Joolarie

You know, sometimes I think that I just don't show the internet just how retarded I am quite often enough. To take the tiniest of steps in rectifying that situation, allow me to show you what I just bought online:

Holmes

Observant readers already know that one of my most singluar pleasures is to curl up with a few modest piles of thai food and watch me some Sherlock Holmes. It's one of the only things I watch on TV that isn't true. Most of the TV I watch is documentary, sports, or some sort of dopey travel show -- no sitcoms, or series of any kind, unless it's on PBS.

But I am a moron for all the Mystery! shows, including the Adam Dalgliesh series, the Inspector Lynley series, and pretty much anything they want to slap up there after the Gorey introduction animation. Geek.

So when I saw this pendant on Etsy I had to consume it immediately (narm, narm, narm). In a feeble effort to distract myself from my geekdom, I found and purchased two other pendants with somewhat more artistic value, less of the I-stalk-dead-British-actors vibe.

The first one I fell in love with was this:

bird pendant

Blurry, I know. But I just can't be bothered right now.

Then I saw this beauty:

Tree pendant

...and immediately felt compelled to unload some more cash...

...which apparently endeared me so much to the seller that she threw this one in for free:

birds pendant

So I guess I have my neck-related accessories pretty much covered for the time being. How very nice for me.

What else makes me retarded? Well, how about that time today that I was driving around during my lunch hour, rocking out as usual in my car, and happened to make eye contact with a cop alongside me JUST as I was completing a most excellent air drum flourish of metal proportions.

Drive on, I said to myself.

And so I did.

No comments: