17 January 2006

Stop me if you've heard this one

I love my streamlined mornings -- my coffee brews automatically while I'm rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and popping some vitamins, I have my clothes laid out and ironed, my lunch is made and in my bag, and my gym bag is ready to go with all of the necessaries for whatever workout is scheduled for that day, but oh my stars that means I am spending HOURS in the evening preparing all of that nonsense.

Look at this! It is almost SEVEN O'CLOCK and I am just now sitting down to my blogs. Is this any way to live???

Well, yes, I suppose so, what with all the bills being paid and all. And they did just order my business cards all stylish with my name on them and all. So I guess I'll put up with it.

Let's not even get into the state of the house. Dishes? HA! I ain't doin' no stinkin' dishes. Especially not the stinky ones. I did the dishes over the weekend. They can wait until another weekend rolls around, I say. Working full-time is turning out to be just as time consuming as I always suspected it would be. I was right again.

So here, I got a story for ya. Real quick. True story, swear to God.

So a friend of mine has a daughter who is about to have a daughter. The almost-a-mom-for-the-first-time, my friend's daughter, has apparently been needling her mom to ask around her friends to see if anyone wants any accounting, bookkeeping, or tax work done, because she will soon have a baby and is afraid she will be bored and need something to do what with staying at home with the baby all day long.

One more time: She is afraid she will be bored and need something to do what with staying at home with the baby all day long.

Thank you. Thank you. I'm here all week.

No comments: